Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Owen, that's not where the baby is.

Imagine my astonishment when my 2 1/2-year-old, Owen, leaned over one night last week and gave me a kiss, smack on the boob. I was so taken aback by this gesture that I just stared at him for a good 30 seconds or so. Until he started to pat my boob. I took his sweet little hand in my hand and asked him in a very loving tone: "Owen, what are you doing buddy?" And his response was: "I was kissing the baby!"

Okay, well, that's pretty damn adorable. And I can understand why he thought that... lump... would be the baby. So we had a little anatomy lesson about where exactly the baby is (complete with kisses to my belly). I still can't stop laughing about it, though. Thank god he didn't do that in public - I would have died.

I think Owen really gets it now, though. He will, totally at random, tell people that he's going to have a little sister. Which is so emmer-effing cute. He also, though, thinks that he too has a baby in his tummy. He will argue with me for extended periods of time that he does, in fact, have a tiny person living in his little buddha belly. It's also a girl, apparently. And he has named her: Thomas.

He has also taken to kissing my belly multiple times a day. I'm pretty sure this is mostly because he likes the reaction it gets out of me (big grin, hugs, kisses to his little blonde head) rather than his deep-seated feelings of love for his unborn sibling. But I'll take it.

For those wondering, my back is still hurting me off and on since the weekend. I haven't gotten a call from the doctor about any of the test results, yet, so I'm planning on checking in with them when I go in for my progesterone shot tomorrow. The fact that it comes and goes so randomly is leading me to believe it is NOT a kidney infection, but rather a mild case of hydronephrosis due to the location and weight of the baby. Laying on my left side seems to help immensely, so whenever I do start to get that oh-so-fun feeling of someone punching me in the kidney, I can lay down and it usually goes away pretty quick. So. Could be worse.

This week I am very thankful that the new house has central air-conditioning - something we've never had before. It's amazing how quickly something can spoil you. Stay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment