Sunday, June 5, 2011

What else ya got? Bring it.

Apparently the gods decided Eric and I needed just a few more things to contend with in the coming weeks. Me being on bed rest and us trying to fix up and move into our new house just weren't enough.

Here is a lovely visual of what happened to Eric today.

While working with an electric saw over at the new house, the saw got stuck, jammed, and then jammed Eric's hand into the window sill, causing a nice fracture that caused him to spend his afternoon in the ER getting a x-rays and a cast. On his right hand. Yes, he is right-handed.

Oh and this morning a saw-stand in his car was pushed into his windshield, cracking it pretty much all the way across. Which means we need a new windshield in the immediate future.

I've often been told by people that I have this crazy ability to always maintain an "even keel" in the face of adversity. And I do think that overall, I handle things pretty well. Which is why when Eric walked into the house after all of this happened, I took one look at his casted hand and we both just started cracking UP. What else can you do? We have SO much to do in the next few weeks and now we are BOTH pretty much incapacitated. I already have in a few calls to see if we can't hire out the painting of the house. And we have someone coming out Tuesday to look at the retaining wall and glass block window projects. My dad is AWESOME and is totally doing all the tiling in the bathroom and helping with the window locks. So. We'll do what we can, and pay people to do the rest!

And to the gods we say: What else ya got for us? Bring it! We can totally handle it. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment