Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot dog.


Hudson and I hung out in our bedroom all day today. It's the only place in the house with air-conditioning, and it was (still is?) 97 degrees out today. I think when you're a furry black dog, it's probably unbearably hot, so I welcomed Hudson onto the bed with me, where he could feel the breeze from the A/C all day. Since we've moved our mattress to the floor after the sale of our bedroom furniture, Hudson thinks our bed is the worlds biggest dog bed anyway, so he was in heaven.

The bummer of it is, if I wasn't pregnant, I'd be outside lounging in this heat. I really don't mind it. I find it soothing to just sit and, well, sweat in the humid sauna that is Michigan in the summer. But it's too hot out for it to really be safe for the baby, given that my temperature would probably rise pretty quickly if I were lounging around in this heat. So instead we settled for a day in bed, reading vampire novels and watching lots of Netflix.

Also, good news today on the new house front! After a nice phone conversation with the Planning and Building director today, he told me we were good to go to move into our new house next weekend (the 18th/19th), despite everything on the city's punch list not being done. We just have to give him a call when we do finish everything so he can come out for the final inspection (I told him maybe a month or so). Phew. That's a pretty big weight lifted off our shoulders, as the move is a week and a half away! Despite that, and despite this heat, my dad and cousin Charlie are over there right now, scraping old paint and finishing up the tile in the bathroom. I will say, once again, that we are truly blessed to have such great friends and family helping us with everything from making dinners to tiling a bathroom. We've got a long list of people who are going to have some seriously good karma stocked up by the time this summer is over. We love you ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment