Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jailbreak.

It's 90 degrees in metro Detroit. Before this morning I had 2 maternity t-shirts and one tank top, both of which are dirty. Owen has 2 pairs of shorts and 3-4 t-shirts we've been washing every other day. He came home yesterday in his "spare" daycare clothes, which consisted of warm winter-months pants. I felt awful. We clearly needed a few things. So I did something I probably shouldn't have done, and made a VERY quick trip to Target. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. Grabbed a few tops for me (didn't even try them on), and grabbed a summer's worth of clothes (complete with a new Lightening McQueen bathing suit) for Owen. I walked verrrry slowly through the store (to the chagrin of a few shoppers who sped around me - who is in such a hurry at the Madison Heights Target on a Tuesday morning?), and didn't do any other browsing of any kind (which, if you know me, is pretty much a Target Miracle). I felt anxious and guilty the whole time, my head full of thoughts of: "What if something happens to the baby, all because I needed a new tank top? I should have ordered Owen some clothes online. I should be riding around in one of those power scooter things with the basket attached to them..." etc. I even got a little light-headed towards the end of my quick trip and had to grab a Sprite from the refrigerator at the register to cool off and calm down. Yikes.

But things appear to be fine. I have been laying down since the second I walked in the door a few hours ago. Baby girl is kicking me so violently today that I put the TV remote on my belly to watch it jump around and she managed to kick it right off. Pretty impressive. And now at least Owen and I can survive this early summer heat wave with some summer duds. Now I just need someone to come over and wash them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment