Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Buhjighetty.

That sums up how I'm feeling these last few days. If you're unfamiliar with the term, we define it as follows:

"buh-jiggety": a feeling of unease and/or anxiousness, jittery, uncomfortable

I think Owen's face here, taken the day after we moved into the house, sums it up:



That being said - we have MOVED! I don't know how we did it, actually. It was pretty miraculous to watch, from the couch. We had Troy XC runner boys, a fellow XC coach, friends and family all working their butts off moving everything we own. When you have that much help, it really is amazing how quickly your house can be emptied.

I don't have photos of the new house just yet - maybe within a week or so. Right now everything is still in boxes all over the place, so it's just going to depress me to take photos of all that. We're hopeful that the living room will come together in the next week (furniture to be assembled, window trim to finish painting, curtains to hang). Owen's room should be done by the weekend - we just need to hang a few things on the wall and he'll be all set.

Eric and I are living on the mattress (still) on the floor of what will be the baby's room, surrounded completely by boxes of our clothes. It's easier right now for me to be on the main floor, and it will make it easier for Eric to paint the upstairs before we move up there closer to my due date. However, we need to somehow get some of these clothes put away, as I can't stand to live out of boxes for much longer!

I am absolutely in LOVE with the greyish/blue color we picked for the walls in the living room/dining room. Thanks again to everyone who was over here furiously painting in the week or two leading up to the move.

We are also in love with our new front porch. I think this will be our main hang-out area once we're settled, and once we have realized my vision (cast iron cafe chairs/table, painted front door, painted porch ceiling and concrete, maybe a rocking chair). In fact, the three of us sat out there last night for a few minutes to take in the lovely evening breeze, blow some bubbles, and have a beer (Eric, of course).



The sun hits the porch all along one side as it sets - it really is quite lovely. I anticipate lots of coffee-drinking, book reading and beer-sipping to be done over the next several years on this porch.


I am doing my best to cope with a house full of boxes and about 12 different to-do lists that I want to tackle, but can't. Eric is doing a fantastic job of tackling one project at a time, and I can't wait to see it all come together over the summer.

In baby news, I had that awful Glucose Tolerance test today. Where they make you drink, very quickly, a big glass of something that I would describe as a combination of Caro Syrup and the lemon/lime flavor of Sprite. Think Sprite, but with a much higher viscosity and 20x the sugar. Gross. And then they make you wait around an hour and then take your blood to see how your body reacted to all that sugar. It left me with a stomach ache and a really nasty taste in my mouth. So fingers crossed that test comes back negative and I do NOT have to deal with gestational diabetes...

More house/baby news and photos soon! Thanks again to everyone who helped with the move!




No comments:

Post a Comment