Monday, June 27, 2011

A finished bathroom - and a kid who will hopefully start using it soon.

Here is a picture of what the bathroom looked like when we bought the house. The photo doesn't do justice to the work that was needed. The shower liner was installed wrong and had drywall dust leaking out from under it. The ceiling paint was cracked and peeling. And the trim was just... dirty and not painted well and not really symmetrical (didn't line up well with the tub/shower).




And here are some photos of what the bathroom looks like today. Beautifully tiled and trimmed out (in large part by my dad), a fresh coat of primer and paint on the walls and trim, new showerhead and faucet, and my lovely Pottery Barn shower curtain. I couldn't be happier about it. Now we just need to make the bathroom upstairs in our master bedroom look this nice :)




Speaking of bathrooms, here's a photo of Owen in his big-boy underwear (dear future, grown-up Owen, I am sorry. Love, mom.).

(Cute photo of Owen in his big boy Thomas underwear was deleted due to it coming up on a creepy German search. Sad. And disturbing).

We are starting to experiment, on the weekends, with the big-boy underwear. It went pretty well on Saturday. One small accident that was caught and solved on the potty before it got ugly. Apparently having Thomas the Tank Engine on your butt makes going to the potty that much cooler. Who knew?

Tomorrow is my appointment with Trish, our midwife. Eric gets to go with me tomorrow, too, which will be nice - it's been a while since he's gotten to go to an appointment and listen to the baby and talk with Trish. We'll get the results of the glucose tolerance test tomorrow probably, too. I don't know what I want the results to say. This whole "excess amniotic fluid" thing can actually be cause for concern as it can indicate some serious issues with the baby, so part of me is actually hoping(?) that I DO have gestational diabetes, because at least that is something treatable and manageable. I should mention, again, that my doctors aren't too concerned about this at all, yet. It's that damn Dr. Google that is getting me all worked up. I need some sort of internet monitor that automatically shuts down Chrome whenever I try to Google a medical question. It's seriously not healthy. More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment