Sunday, June 12, 2011

I need. I want. I gotta have.

A blog I subscribe to recently had a post titled "Things I'm currently obsessed with." I thought, since I'm currently obsessed with LOTS of things, I'd share some of them here on this blog. As everyone knows, I'm home, on my couch or bed, all day long. This leaves a lot of loooong hours to ceaselessly search the internet for many items needed for our new home. And with the move a week away, some of that searching has turned more serious, and I'm trying to narrow down items to actually purchase. My top 10 current obsessions:

1. Chandeliers and lighting. I need 3 new wall sconces for the living room and want a coordinating chandelier for the dining room. I am currently obsessed with these:http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&R=100050123&catEntryId=100050123 and the matching chancelier. I love the antique-y shabby-chic look of them, as everything else I've seen looks too "modern" for me. They are just a wee bit more than we wanted to spend, though. But we'll see. Surprisingly Eric likes them, too. I will also definitely be ordering this for baby girl's room:http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202184534&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC-_-product-1-_-100665765-_-202184534-_-N&locStoreNum=2757#BVRRWidgetID. What? Too cute.

2. Toddler bedding. Move to the new house also equals move to a big-boy bed for Owen. Thomas bedding or Cars bedding (despite my always having been opposed to "character" themed rooms). I think Thomas is going to win out - mostly because of the awesome matching wall decals I found that I want to put in frames around his room.

3. China cabinets/buffets: With the itty-bitty kitchen in the new house, we are looking for a nice hutch of some kind for the dining room to store our large assortment of wine glasses, fancy coffee cups, tea cups and saucers, etc. I have my eye on a few antique cabinets, but they're just not quite what I'm looking for... If only I could spend a weekend scouring antique stores!

4. This Web site: http://www.shoedazzle.com/. I have yet to buy anything from it, so I can't attest to quality, but I'm intrigued by the cute styles I've seen thus far, and the fact that everything on the site is $39.99.

5. Sookie Stackhouse novels. As I've mentioned several times. Can't put them down. On book 5.

6. This diaper bag. Which will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.http://www.gogagalife.com/slide.aspx

7. Any type of Italian food. Lasagna, spaghetti, ravioli, GARLIC BREAD, the cheesier the better (says the former vegan).

8. Mocha coconut frappuccinos.


9. Damn You Auto Correct. Although sometimes I have to stop reading it because I'm laughing so hard I'm afraid I'll go into labor. http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/

10. My next doctor's appointment. Friday. 9 a.m.




No comments:

Post a Comment