Thursday, June 9, 2011

New yarn for new baby.


My yarn from Lion Brand arrived today, and I started on my latest project, which will be a blanket for the baby's crib! It's a very dusty rosey pink that will match the crib sheets I ordered from Pottery Barn. Its funny, the differences between what you do in preparation for baby #1 vs. baby #2. Baby #1 got a ridiculously expensive convertible crib from the fancy baby furniture store. He also got a refurbished dresser and a new separate changing table for the nursery. I also registered for a complete bedding set with sheets, quilt, dust ruffle and bumper, with coordinating curtains and lamp for the nursery. Baby #2 will be getting a crib from Target (that looks identical to Owen's fancy crib). She'll also be using the old antique dresser in my basement that I'm going to paint white and put a changing pad on top of so it can do double-duty as a changing table. And instead of a full bedding set, she gets a beautiful sheet from Pottery Barn, and a blanket I'm going to make for her (vs. the $300 full bedding set from Pottery Barn). And Aunt Sue is going to sew a coordinating dust ruffle for the crib. And I couldn't be happier about all of it. I think the old-school furniture and handmade accessories are much more my style anyway.

The blanket is a new pattern I've never made before - I'll post pics when it's all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment