Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dear new neighbors, you're welcome.

Our old house had a window in the bathroom that was made of that texturized privacy glass - so we always left the curtain up, because you couldn't see through it at all (even though I know it still weirded out my mom, who always pulled the roman shade down). I mean, it was a bathroom, of course it was not glass you could see through. Who would put glass that you could actually see through in a bathroom?

The people who we bought our house from, that's who.

Eric was out back talking on his phone, so he was standing right by where the bathroom window is. When he came in he looked at me and said: "You know, I think you can see right into our shower - while I was outside I could read all the labels on the shampoo bottles stacked along the window." As you'll recall from my post about my fabulous new bathroom, there is a window in the shower that is all glass block.


It's new, and it's nice. And when you look through it everything seems all blurry, so I just assumed (yep, I know) that it was privacy block. So after Eric's revelation I made him stand in the shower while I went outside and looked from the backyard. And, well, there he was. Standing in the shower. Waving at me. I mean, it's definitely not like a clear pane window, things are a little blurry. But not blurry enough. I could see him pretty damn clearly. Which means that we've been putting on a show for our neighbors for the last 4 days now. You're welcome.

So we're going to put in a tiny little curtain rod in the window frame and curtain that just covers the bottom half of the window, and therefore, covers us. I love the window and all the light it lets in. And I love the beautiful white tile. I'm not going to cover that whole wall with another shower curtain.

Mostly I'm just glad Eric made this revelation before one of us took a shower while we had company over in our backyard or something. The only people who would have seen us thus far are the neighbors behind and to the left of us, as the house right behind us is currently empty.

Thank you, previous homeowners, for yet another weird thing you did to this cool old house.

Also, I'm thinking I should change the name of this blog. It's turned into a hodgepodge of home improvement stories, toddler stories, and bed-rest stories. Because, despite being on bed-rest, I got a lot going on... Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment