Sunday, September 11, 2011

A sweet master suite. Finally.

So a big part of our "getting ready" for the baby was to finally finish our bedroom and bathroom upstairs before she arrived. As per usual, I neglected to take any "before" shots of the "bonus room/office" at the downstairs base of our bedroom that we were living in (which wasn't much bigger than the size of our queen mattress). That room will be the last one we tackle, as it's relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I have big plans to put a daybed in there for random houseguests, along with maybe a little flat screen TV mounted above the desk (which I want to replace eventually, too). But we'll get to it when we get to it.

I also didn't take any before photos of the upstairs master suite. But I can give you a visual. It was the same tan/gold color as the rest of the house. And when we moved in we threw about 20+ boxes up there and just... forgot about that whole floor while we got the rest of the house up to date and painted. It was also somewhat by choice so that during my 4 months of bed-rest I wasn't climbing stairs all day to and from my bedroom/bathroom.

However. We now finally LIVE up there! Here is the view from the top of the stairs (which are open to the bonus room).


Thanks to friend Brittany for lending us that great little co-sleeper you see next to the dresser - it's going to be a huge help having a bassinet on each floor!

I couldn't be happier with the paint color (Behr's Pale Lichen) or the help from my parents in actually getting it painted up there. I'm also psyched with my super bargain bed ordered from Overstock, and this awesome refinished dresser we picked up from a local woman in Oxford who refinishes old furniture. How cool is that?



Its nice to have a room to really live in and call our own. And to finally put out some pictures and my perfumes, etc.!



And we're thisclose to being done with the bathroom... Here's a peek at it from the bedroom.



Eric has to mount a couple remaining pieces of hardware (towel hooks and toilet paper holder), but then we'll be pretty set in there... pics soon. It's a crazy long/weird-shaped space, and its going to take us a while to figure out how to best utilize it. There's a great little nook where I sort-of want to put a comfy reading chair (?), but, who wants to sit in a comfy chair and read in their bathroom? (Insert joke about reading in the bathroom here).

And... because I'm pregnant and either eating or thinking about eating all the live long day - here's a random side-note about my new favorite food - Farm Country Cheese House's Olive Cheese.



I've mentioned before that this baby is definitely not vegan, and therefore I haven't been either since I got pregnant. I don't feel guilty about it. Really the only addition to my diet has been cheese and the occasional egg. And the baby LIKES it, okay? Anyway, I especially don't feel bad knowing that this cheese is made in Amish country here in Michigan, and that the cows are grass-fed, antibiotic-free, and hand-milked. Oh, and that we've met the farmers at the Royal Oak Farmers Market. And that it's packed full of green olives. SO good.


I can devour a whole brick of it in one sitting if I'm not careful. Also, we found it for sale at our local grocery store, too - the Value Center Market in Clawson (which, if anyone lives around Clawson, I highly recommend). Despite it's low-budget name, they have a great produce selection, much of which comes from Eastern Market farmers, along with a great cheese and beer selection.

Now... what to have for dessert?




No comments:

Post a Comment