Thursday, September 22, 2011

Okay, it's been TWO WEEKS.

It's been two weeks today since I had the cerclage removed. After months and months of fearing she was going to just fall right out. As of two weeks ago she has the green light to arrive any time. And still... nothing.

Not that we're upset about that. I'm not even at 38 weeks yet (although this week's visit to the midwife on Tuesday did have me "measuring" at 38 weeks). I personally feel like I look... 46 weeks pregnant. Seriously. I'm down to one pair of jeans and a pair of very summery capri pants that still "fit." And 3 t-shirts. So, needless to say, I've been looking really good lately.

It has been really nice to finally MOVE, though. And a big relief for Eric, who can now leave me and Owen on our own for extended periods of time. Although as I mentioned to my cousins yesterday, a new bout of extreme exhaustion has just kicked in this week. Like, 10-weeks-pregnant exhaustion. I've napped almost every day this week. This little lady is zapping all of my free energy (helping me get ready for some sleepless nights, I'm sure).

Owen and I did take a nice little trip to the playground at Red Oaks yesterday before dinner, though. He LOVES playgrounds, and I've barely gotten out to any of his favorite parks with him this summer, so it was fun to watch him run (literally) around to every piece of play equipment. He even pushed me on the swings for a bit. He's a sweet little man.



And this is his new "cheese" face. When I tell him to smile and say "cheese" for the camera, this is what I get. Lucky for me I find his face to be adorable no matter what. Even during this morning's total and complete meltdown because his sunglasses were in the car. Here was our exchange:

Owen: I need my sunglasses!
Mom: They're in the car, just like mine. We'll put them on when we get in the car.
Owen: But I wanted to put them on NOW!
Mom: Well, they're in the car.
Owen: But I want to wear them right NOW!
Mom: Well, I'm not going to go outside and get them, since we'll be in the car in 2 minutes.
Owen: That makes me SO SAD. (Cue the tears and sad face and 5-minute crying jag).

And then when we got in the car, he didn't even want them. Because "it's not that sunny out." Shocking.

Okay, time to go meditate and think baby thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment