Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Like a stalk of Swiss chard."

According to BabyCenter this baby girl is about 19 inches long now, "like a stalk of swiss chard." Good thing we eat a lot of greens in this house so that is actually a helpful reference for me. BabyCenter is about a week ahead of where my doctor thinks I am, though (I'm actually around 36 weeks, vs. BabyCenter's 37 weeks). So maybe she's like a small stalk of chard.

(This is actually "rainbow chard," but its so much prettier!)

So. I'm not really on "bed rest" anymore. I mean, I am, sort-of. My doctors don't want me going back to work - and there's no point anyway, since she could come any time now. But I've basically been given free range to return to a (somewhat) normal level of activity. I did use this newfound freedom to take an hour-long stroll around Target yesterday. And while it was very liberating, it was totally exhausting. I may be allowed to get up and move around more, but my body is definitely not used to it, what with 4 months of inactivity and the nearly 30 pounds I've gained in that time.

I also keep finding myself laying down. Or feeling like I should be laying down. I was feeling incredibly guilty at Target yesterday thinking: I should leave and go home and lay down. Until I reminded myself that I don't have to lay down all day anymore! It's a weird realization. That being said, I still did lay down quite a bit yesterday. I figure I might as well enjoy these last few days/weeks? of relaxation while I'm able!

So far no indications of baby making her appearance any time soon. Eric and I feel really discombobulated over the whole thing. All last week was spent packing bags, getting the house all ready, getting ourselves mentally ready, etc. And now... nothin.' But at least we're much more prepared now!

My favorite new development is that my mother now picks up the phone before I even hear it ringing. I wouldn't be surprised if she went out and got one of those hip clips for her phone so she can wear it all the time just in case I call. That being said, it's nice to know that they're as ready as we are!

I hope everyone enjoys what is shaping up to be a lovely fall-ish weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment