Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A trip to daycare and some new-baby nostalgia.

Yesterday I went with Eric up to Owen's "school" to pick him up. It was the first time I'd been up there in about 3 months. I was amazed at how much bigger all of his friends looked to me after that short period - made me realize that in some ways it really has been SO LONG since I've been off work. Everyone seems to be having great summers, and it was nice to catch up with a few of the mom's in Owen's class.

The trip up there also made me appreciate that Eric drops him off and picks him up every day. When I was working it was so convenient, as his daycare is on the county campus with me, less than a mile from my office. But now that I'm off, Eric is making the trek from Clawson to Pontiac twice a day (which is better than Hazel Park to Pontiac, but still). We decided to keep him in school this summer because I can't really be running around after him all day long, and because he loves his school and his friends, and we didn't want to deny him that for the summer. And, obviously, we (Eric) can get a lot more done around here when Owen isn't always trying to "help" him.

And while in some ways it's been a long three months, in other ways it has totally flown by, as I am suddenly freaking out daily about the fact that this baby is coming in a couple short months and 1.) I can't find any of my birthing books, 2.) Her room is nowhere near being completed, 3.) We have NO idea what we want to name her, and 4.) OMG am I ready to do the whole labor/delivery thing AGAIN? I'm not sure which is worse. With baby #1 you have no idea what to expect, so you are totally scared, but also blissfully ignorant. With baby #2 you know exactly what to expect, so there's not that scary element of surprise in terms of pain and process, but, that means, I am well aware of the PAIN and the PROCESS of delivery. Time to start psyching myself up!

You know what helps? These:


I mean. Look at those TOES.



Damn, he was a cute baby. Six weeks early and totally swollen in this pic, but CUTE.



Nothing like a little baby nostalgia to remind you how totally worth it it all is.


No comments:

Post a Comment