Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I can't watch anymore Project Runway.

I never thought I'd say that. I love Project Runway. But man, I am sick of TV. And movies. And Hulu. And Netflix. And reading, even. I am actually sick of reading. Basically I'm sick of everything that you can do when you are laying on a couch. Even online shopping is getting boring (what?).

I blame the new house, and all the things I want to do to help Eric get it in order. And now that we're starting to talk about painting the baby's room next week I'm all: OMG, we're going to have a BABY. So I'm starting to panic about all the things we need to buy and need to get done before she arrives. And I'd love to be spending my days restoring her antique dresser, scouring mom-to-mom sales for a papasan swing and a new Sit 'n' Stand stroller and wandering around Home Goods for some of the finishing touches for multiple rooms in this house. But I'm STILL on this COUCH.

My feelings of guilt have grown much stronger now that Eric is done with school for the summer and is home all day with me, working his ass off while I, very conspicuously, lay on the couch and watch. I know he doesn't expect me to get up and help. But I can't help but feel like I should. At least when I was home alone all day I never felt like anyone was judging me for being a couch potato. NOT that he's judging me. He's not. I just feel so... unhelpful. And guilty.

Okay, rant over. It's all good. It's the best thing for the baby, blah blah blah. I actually have been doing a bit more around the house lately. I try to make dinner most nights while Eric is out picking up Owen. Sometimes I just get it started and then have to collapse back onto the couch and let Eric finish when he gets home, but I think the gesture is appreciated, regardless. Have I mentioned what an amazing husband/father he is lately? Seriously. It's ridiculous.

Here's a shot he took of Owen and I watching some Yo Gabba Gabba yesterday (I could write an entire post on how that show makes me want to rip my hair out, but how I continue to watch it since Owen is newly infatuated with it).



Despite that face he's making for the camera, he does actually love to snuggle with me on the couch.

Also, in house news, our new stove arrived today! We broke it in tonight by making quinoa chili and cornbread (yes, I know it's 85 degrees out. I was craving chili). Everything worked great - I did NOT burn my hand just by touching it. And it's shiny and clean and LOVELY, even if it is a simple, white, no-frills stove.

And I'm actually digging the white appliances. Our old house (with its beautifully renovated kitchen (thanks dad) where I picked out everything from the tile to the counter-tops to the cabinets), had all stainless steel appliances, which looked great. But I like how the white make this new tiny kitchen seem just that much bigger. They also lend themselves nicely to the retro/vintage feel I'm ultimately going for in there (I have a few ideas I'm hoping to implement in the next month or so - mostly involving some cool paint, new knobs for the cabinets, and maybe a new light fixture)...

Ugh, okay, back to my stupid BOOK, I suppose. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment