Saturday, July 23, 2011

30 Weeks!

Words cannot describe how great it feels to hit 30 weeks of this pregnancy. When I had the cerclage done at 18 weeks, I seriously couldn't visualize what it would be like to be sitting here, in my new house, at 30 weeks, on my 12th week of bed rest. And while we still have 10 more weeks to go, 30 weeks feels GOOD. Especially knowing that things are going so well and my doctors are happy with my progress (and that of baby girl). And I'm told that at 30 weeks the risks for some pretty significant premature birth conditions (such as cerebral palsy) diminish significantly, so that's another little (okay BIG) sigh of relief.

And while I've missed out on much of the summer (including my nephew's 5th birthday party today - happy birthday Nathan!), I have my eyes on the prize, as they say, and know there will be many more birthday parties, BBQs, pool parties and camping trips in our future.

In house news, we finally put up some crisp, white curtains in the dining room, which had been curtain-less since we moved in. Our neighbors have one window that faces our dining room windows, but they never have it open, so we weren't too concerned with the lack of privacy from these always-wide-open windows on the side of the house. But man does it look nice now that they're up.



Eric even put the reproduction sash lifts we ordered up on these windows to really pull it all together. I've never been one to get excited about hardware, but these sash lifts are BEAUTIFUL. They really fit with the old wood windows (and bonus, now we can open them without breaking a sweat).



We got beautiful new curtains for the living room, too, but I have a few finishing touches I want to put on that room (rug and pillows, mostly) before I take more photos - right now it's still a little... bare. But I'm going to head in there right now to watch a late-night movie, complete with a plate full of these amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls thanks to (never home)maker. I've never been that pregnant lady who eats ice cream and pickles, or needs fast food in the middle of the night, or munches on raw cookie dough. But when they posted this recipe as a "healthy" and "vegan" alternative to raw cookie dough, I thought "that ought to satisfy most of my late-night-sweets-cravings." True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment